Downtown Chandler Community Partnership Rules for the Art Walk:
1. Parking. Artists, their employees or help and spouses or family attending the event with Artists as part of the event may not park in any parking spaces on Boston (from AZ Ave to California), San Marcos street (from Buffalo to Boston) or the small parking lot off of San Marcos near Dr. A.J. Chandler Park for the duration of the Art Walk. Unloading near your space is welcomed, however by 6pm these vehicles must be moved. Anyone found parked in these areas during the event will not be allowed to participate in future Art Walks. If you are unclear about parking, please ask.
2. Lighting/Electrical. All lights used by Artists must be LED or fluorescent. No halogen or incandescent bulbs. The electrical circuits are very limited and overloading them will cause a black-out. NO laptops, space heaters, fans, electric picture frames displays or any unapproved devices can be plugged into the public electric supply. No generators allowed.
3. Art Work. Only fine art and fine craft will be considered. Artists must only show the medium they have been juried and approved by the jury committee and the DCCP. Any changes into other mediums will require the artist to contact the Co-coordinators to determine if the new medium will require a jury review. All artwork must be created by the applying Artist. At the event, the artist must be present or directly represented. No mass produced items or items that are bought and then resold. Giclees and prints of your original artwork are allowed.
4. Payment for space. Payments can be made through PayPal (if you’ve already been accepted through our art jury, pay here, if you are a new artist wishing to participate, you need to apply here). Payments must be received the Friday prior to the Art Walk in which an artist wishes to participate. Payments received after this time will be applied to the following month’s Art Walk. Payments are non-refundable unless the event is canceled or changed by the DCCP or Co-coordinators and cannot be applied to future art walks in the event an artist cannot participate for any reason. Do not pay for a space if you have not been approved.
5. DCCP expectations of Artists. All Artists are required to attend the entire Art Walk 6-9:30pm. Late set up or early tear down is not allowed unless approved by the Co-coordinators. Artists and their representatives are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner. Please be respectful of your fellow Artists and patrons and do not use inappropriate language.
6. Participation. Artists once juried in and sent an acceptance letter do not need to reapply. Just pay for a spot and you will be added to the map. If you have not shown in 6 consecutive months your information will be removed and you will need to reapply. Can't remember how long its been? Email Karli at email@example.com
7. Removal of Vendors. The DCCP has the right to remove vendors with out refund should you or anyone in your party do any of the following:
8. Photography. Images provided on the application will be used in the art jury process and may also be used on event materials. Participates agree to allow use of the videos and photographs to be taken at the event for promotional purposes. Any photos taken by the event are the property of the DCCP.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Do I need to have a tax license in order to apply to the Chandler Art Walk?
No. If you do not already have a state tax license, wait until you are approved to apply. Once approved you must participate within the first three months. After three months your application will be deleted and you will need to reapply.
2. Do I need to have a tax license to participate in the Chandler Art Walk?
Yes. The city of Chandler requires all participants to have a current STATE tax license. For more information please contact the city of Chandler directly at www.chandleraz.gov.
3. What time can I set up?
Set up can begin any time after 3:30pm. Set up must be complete by 6pm.
4. How do I find my space or favorite artists spaces?
Artists that have paid for their booth will be emailed the map and their booth assignment the week of the Art Walk. Visitors of the Art Walk can visit the blue, DCCP tablecloth table to ask the staff where their favorite artists are located.
5. How are spaces assigned?
Spaces are chosen randomly. No requests for specific location or location change can be honored. The exception to this being an artist who has work in a downtown store or gallery and they request to be located near there at least two weeks in advance.
6. How big are the spaces and can I bring a tent?
Space sizes vary significantly. This is due to planters, trash cans and other city items located along the side walks that we cannot move. Two spaces are only 8ft wide but most are a lot larger. Please be flexible and prepare to work around these things. Tents are only allowed in the Ramada area and must be requested ahead of time.
7. Can I bring a radio or play music?
No. Because many of the merchants have music already playing already, additional music in your booth space is not allowed.
8. Does the Art Walk happen in the summer?
Yes! We do not take the summer off like many other Art Walks do. We do, however try to find an indoor location for the summer months so that we can all be more comfortable.
9. Do you allow non-art vendors to participate?
No, however if you are interested in sponsoring the Chandler Art Walk a booth is included in the sponsorship package. Please visit our sponsorship page for more information.
10. I'm new, what kind of setup do you recommend?
We recommend getting table lighting (lighting that can sit on a table top) so you can use the lighting regardless if you have a tented space or not. Don't know what kind of lighting to get? See #2 under Rules and Regulations at the top of the page.
Space size varies greatly, (See question #6), we'd recommend having an 8ft table. As usual, make sure you're brining a chair, and decorative items for your setup. We do not provide dimensions when assigning booths, but you're welcome to check out your space in advance.
11. When will I know my booth space assignment and instructions for the upcoming art walk?
If you've paid for a space, you will receive an email the Wednesday (by 5PM) preceding the Art Walk. For example, for an Art Walk held on Friday, Nov. 16th, artists will receive an email on Wednesday, Nov. 14th by 5PM. Included in the email will be a map, booth assignments and event reminders/instructions.